This episode we talk with Erin McKean, founder of online dictionary Wordnik, about her history of processing and analyzing words with NeXT boxes, OS/2, and the Mac. We discuss self-identifying as a programmer, HyperCard qualifying as math, and hardcoded Danish comments.
Links for this episode:
- Erin McKean
- NeXT computers
- Scott Foresman publishing
- Wordnik's stack: Mongo, Scala, Node.js
- Kory Stamper on revising "god"
- odd OCR errors in the Google Books corpus
- hard copy Wikipedia
- the Cupertino effect
- Marked by Brett Terpstra
- Jason Scott at the Internet Archive